Now Reading
Dubai’s DXB, UK’s Merlin partner for Middle East’s first Legoland Hotel

Dubai’s DXB, UK’s Merlin partner for Middle East’s first Legoland Hotel

The hotel will be the seventh Legoland themed property to open globally

Dubai Parks and Resorts operator DXB Entertainments has announced a joint venture with the UK’s Merlin Entertainments Group to build the Middle East’s first Legoland Hotel

The 250-room hotel will be located adjacent the Legoland Dubai theme park and become the seventh to open worldwide.

It will feature Lego models in every room, a disco elevator, castle play area and themed rooms.

DXB said it owns 60 per cent of the venture with Merlin taking the remaining 40 per cent.

The property will be built on 300,000 square feet of land put aside to expand the Legoland Dubai park, which is one of three currently open at Dubai Parks and Resorts.

A room at Legoland California Resort
A room at Legoland California Resort

The hotel will be the second to open at Dubai Parks and Resorts after the launch of the Lapita Hotel earlier this year.

Read: Pictures: Lapita Hotel opens at Dubai Parks and Resorts

“The addition of a LEGO themed hotel at Dubai Parks and Resorts will bring the total hospitality offering at the destination to over 750 rooms. With more than 100 rides and attractions spread across three theme parks, one water park and Six Flags Dubai opening in 2019, we expect families to spend several days at the destination to enjoy all the amazing experiences we offer,” said DXB Entertainments CEO Raed Kajoor Al Nuaimi.

Plans for a fifth theme park at Dubai Parks and Resorts are being considered, adding to the existing Legoland, Bollywood and Hollywood themed attractions and the Six Flags park scheduled to open in 2019.

Read: Exclusive: Dubai Parks mulls fifth new theme park – CEO

© 2020 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top