Top Ten Salaries in Kuwait
The salary of an advertising creative director has jumped almost 23% in 2012
1. Construction – While a construction project manager or a chief engineer in Kuwait takes home a lighter salary than his counterpart in Saudi Arabia, he still makes the most in the country with a monthly wage of around $11,908, up from $11,333 in 2011.
2. Banking – The average monthly salary made by a branch manager, a treasury manager and a retail/personal banking manager in Kuwait currently amounts to $11,574, not too different from last year’s $11,303.
3. Sales/ Marketing –The head of sales/marketing at a multinational or local company in Kuwait has seen a 14.7 per cent rise in income, from $9,526 per month last year to around $10,930.16 per month in 2012.
4. Human Resources – Kuwait’s HR managers have seen the biggest drop in monthly wages in the country, from $11,711 last year to around $10,922 this year– a 6.7 per cent fall.
5. Information Technology – As per our survey, an IT head in Kuwait has seen a 12.5 per cent increase in monthly salary and currently earns approximately $10,731 per month.
6. Advertising – The salary of an advertising creative director has jumped almost 23 per cent in Kuwait, from around $8,250 per month in 2011 to approximately $10,141 per month this year.
7. Public Relations –PR directors in Kuwait take home wages of around $9773.6 per month, up from $8,557 per month last year.
8. Hospitality – A hotel manager in the country has seen a 1.5 per cent increase in monthly salary since 2011 and currently makes around $9,304.
9. Real Estate – Another sector that has seen a drop in compensation, a real estate manager in Kuwait earns 1.2 per cent lesser than he was making in 2011, with a monthly income of around $8293.
10. Publishing – At the bottom of the list, a publishing editor makes much less than his PR counterpart, with a salary of around $7,778 per month, up from $6,969 per month last year.
Gulf Business calculated the average salary across the region for Western, Asian and Arab expats across different sectors in the six GCC countries, according to data from BAC Middle East, Bayt.com, Charterhouse Partnership, Morgan McKinley and Nadia.
Top Ten Salaries in the Middle East
Top Ten Salaries in the UAE
Top Ten Salaries in Saudi Arabia
Top Ten Salaries in Bahrain
Top Ten Salaries in Oman
Top Ten Salaries in Qatar