The UAE central bank has announced that it will introduce a new Dhs100 currency note into circulation from Tuesday, October 30.
The new note has been reprinted with added security features – all on the front side, a statement said.
The changes include –
1. Spark Live: A colour changing security feature printed at the left-hand bottom corner on the front of the currency note. When the note is tilted, the colour will shift from green to blue and show a bar of light moving from top to bottom.
The numeral 100 is also integrated in this feature.
2. Galaxy Thread: The existing colour shifting security thread has been replaced with a Galaxy three dimensional security thread. When the note is tilted, along with the change in colour, a three dimensional movement will also be noticeable within the enhanced circular element.
3. The original silver filigree foil has been removed and replaced with intaglio overprint at the front upper right-hand side of the currency note.
4. The denomination value “100” at the right-hand bottom corner on the front of the currency note has been removed.
5. The overall design and other specifications of the currency note remain the same as the current currency notes in circulation.
The currency note will be put in circulation as legal tender, along with the Dhs100 denomination currency notes currently in circulation, the statement added.
UAE officials have warned residents to be cautious about counterfeit currency after catching several fraudsters involved in fake banknotes scams in recent months.