Credit card usage has been growing in the UAE, with a plethora of options in the market. From cashback rewards to free cinema tickets, lenders provide a variety of benefits to users.
One of the most- favoured benefits is airline miles, with Emirates Skywards ranking high on the list. The Dubai airline’s loyalty programme is extremely popular in the country, with expats and locals frequently travelling on Emirates.
For those looking to grow their Skywards miles as they spend, the only 100 per cent metal card in the market is the Emirates-Citibank Ultima Mastercard.
This metal card from Citibank offers users a Skywards earn rate of up to 2.5 miles for every $1 (Dhs3.625) spent, and 25,000 Skywards miles as a joining bonus. Also, when applying online, you’ll receive Dhs2,000 statement credit that is granted once a minimum retail spend of Dhs25,000 is made on the card within 90 days after approval.
Plus, for every year the card is renewed, users will get a further 10,000 anniversary Skywards miles.
Here’s the Skywards breakdown:
$1 = 2.5 Skywards miles when you spend on emirates.com
$1 = 1.5 Skywards miles when you spend internationally
$1 = 1 Skywards mile when you spend locally
Other benefits include –
* Complimentary Skywards silver membership as long as you are a card holder, with benefits such as onboard reward upgrades with your miles on Emirates flights, free seat selection in economy class, complimentary business class lounge access in Dubai Airport, additional 12kg checked baggage allowance and priority check-in and boarding.
* The card also offers the LoungeKey feature, providing complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide to the holder and supplementary cardmembers and one free guest each per visit.
* Complementary golf at some of the leading golf courses in Dubai and Abu Dhabi with unlimited access on weekdays and once a month on weekends
* Buy one get one free movie tickets four times a month at Vox cinemas, or twice a month at Reel Cinemas on any day of the week when you book online or through the app
* 50 per cent off total bills with VoucherSkout and you receive 150 free credits to use on their app
Terms and conditions
The Citi Ultima credit card has a minimum salary requirement of Dhs36,750 per month, and an annual fee of Dhs3,000
Find out more at citibank.ae