Now Reading
UAE condemns terrorist attack in Kabul, says all its diplomats safe

UAE condemns terrorist attack in Kabul, says all its diplomats safe

The bombing, which took place in the diplomatic quarter in Kabul on Wednesday, left at least 80 people dead

The UAE’s ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has condemned the terrorist explosion in Afghan capital Kabul on Wednesday, which left at least 80 people dead.

The bombing took place in the diplomatic quarter near the German Embassy and also wounding more than 350 people.

In a statement carried by official news agency WAM, the UAE ministry said that the explosion caused some material damage to its embassy building in Kabul, adding that all its diplomats and embassy staff were safe.

It also said that it is following up with the UAE authorities in Kabul and the Afghan Foreign Ministry regarding the attack and its aftermath.

The ministry also expressed the UAE’s solidarity with Afghanistan and its support for the Afghan government.

The attack on Wednesday morning was one of the deadliest in Kabul in recent years.

So far, Germany has confirmed that some of its embassy officials were injured in the blast, while the Pakistani Prime Minister’s office also stated that some of its embassy diplomats and staff suffered minor injuries.

Two Japanese embassy staff members were also slightly wounded, according to reports.

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said he “strongly condemned the cowardly attack in the holy month of Ramadan targeting innocent civilians in their daily life”.

It is not yet known who is behind the attack. Militant group Taliban issued a statement denying involvement in the blast. ISIL has not claimed responsibility so far.

© 2020 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top