Saudi air defences intercepted a ballistic missile fired from Yemen towards the city of Jazan on Thursday morning, the Saudi coalition said.
Spokesperson colonel Turki Al-Maliki indicated the missile launch by the Houthis was detected at 10:50am from the city of Saada.
He said the missile was fired in the direction of Jazan and deliberately targeted civilian and populated areas.
No injuries were reported.
Al-Maliki repeated statements that the launch proved Iran was providing Yemen’s Houthi movement with missile components came in breach of international law.
Saudi Arabia has been repeatedly targeted by missiles since 2015, when it entered Yemen’s civil war through an Arab coalition backing forces loyal to ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi against the Houthis.
The latest incident follows another missile launch that targeted Najran yesterday and a fire at a Saudi Aramco facility near Riyadh, which the Houthis claimed was attacked by a drone.
Last week, Al-Malki said that the Houthis had launched 158 missiles and 42,924 projectiles since the start of the war.
While the majority of the attacks have been intercepted by air defences, a missile that struck Jazan earlier this month left a five year old boy injured.
Some attacks have also resulted in deaths, including three civilians killed in Jazan on June 9.