Now Reading
Saudi forces destroy drones targeting civilians in the kingdom

Saudi forces destroy drones targeting civilians in the kingdom

The kingdom destroyed armed drones launched from Yemen on Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Turki Al Malki, Saudi coalition

The Saudi-led Arab coalition has intercepted and destroyed five drones launched by the Houthis towards the kingdom within the last week, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The latest drone attack, targeting Saudi Arabia’s southern region, took place on Monday, state news agency SPA reported.

“Joint coalition forces have intercepted and destroyed this afternoon (Monday) a bomb-laden UAV launched systematically and deliberately by the terrorist Houthi militia to target civilians and civilian objects in the southern region,” coalition spokesperson Colonel Turki Al-Malki said.

Earlier, the Saudi-led coalition intercepted and destroyed three armed drones in an attack early on Saturday, and also destroyed another drone on Sunday.

The two attacks, launched from Yemen, also targeted the southern region in the kingdom.

Saudi has seen a string of attacks launched by the Houthis in recent months.

Last month, five civilians in the city of Jazan were injured after they were hit by debris from a military projectile launched from Yemen.

The projectile also caused damage to the “façade of a civilian object protected by international humanitarian law” and three civilian vehicles, officials said.

In July, the Saudi-led coalition intercepted and destroyed six ‘bomb-laden’ drones and two ballistic missiles launched towards the kingdom. In June as well, Saudi forces destroyed eight ‘bomb-laden’ drones and three ballistic missiles launched from Yemen.

In late March, two civilians in Riyadh were also “slightly injured” after being hit by the debris of a ballistic missile fired from Yemen.

You might also like

© 2020 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top