Now Reading
Saudi forces destroy bomb-laden drones targeting ‘civilians’ in the kingdom

Saudi forces destroy bomb-laden drones targeting ‘civilians’ in the kingdom

Attacks on the kingdom were launched on Wednesday and Thursday

Turki Al Malki, Saudi coalition

Saudi-led Arab coalition forces destroyed two bomb-laden drones launched towards the kingdom from Yemen in two separate incidents on Wednesday and Thursday, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

In a statement, the official spokesman of the coalition Colonel Turki Al-Malki said: “Joint coalition forces have intercepted and destroyed this morning (Thursday) a bomb-laden UAV launched systematically and deliberately by the terrorist Houthi militia to target civilians and civilian objects in Najran.”

Another bomb-laden drone targeting “civilians and civilian objects in the southern region” was also intercepted and destroyed by the Saudi forces on Wednesday morning, Al Maliki said.

Saudi has seen a string of attacks launched by the Houthis in recent months.

In July, the Saudi-led coalition intercepted and destroyed six ‘bomb-laden’ drones and two ballistic missiles launched towards the kingdom. In June as well, Saudi forces destroyed eight ‘bomb-laden’ drones and three ballistic missiles launched from Yemen.

Earlier this week, Yemen’s minister of Foreign Affairs, Mohammed Al-Hadhrami, praised the efforts of the coalition to “defend Yemen and support its government in facing the coup and restoring security and stability”, the local news agency reported.

You might also like

© 2020 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top