On March 30, the UAE extended the distance learning programme – originally slated to end on April 4, with schools expected to resume on April 5 – till the end of June.
In the current environment of financial uncertainty as a result of the fallout of the Covid-19 infection, the extension of the remote learning programme prompted parents to seek relief related to school fees.
Since then, several schools across the country have responded to the situation by waiving tuition fees.
Education website Which School Advisor has compiled a list of educational institutions across the country that have facilitated parents by offering tuition fee discounts and associated ease.
- Al Najah Education (Horizon English and Horizon International) – 20 per cent discount
- Safa British and Safa Community schools – 20 per cent discount
- Next Generation School – 20 per cent discount
- Dubai English Speaking School – 20 per cent discount
- Dubai English Speaking College – 20 per cent discount
- Jumeirah English Speaking School – 10 per cent discount (parents can pay over three monthly instalments)
- Arcadia School – 20 per cent discount (further support may be extended on a “case-to-case” basis)
- Arbor School – 20 per cent discount (further 5 per cent reduction to parents that pay before April 11)
- British School Al Khubairat (BSAK) – 15 per cent discount
- Star International and Star International Mirdif – 20 per cent discount (credit note will be given to parents that have already paid their fees; payment plans to be set up for struggling parents)
- Capital School – Foundation stage 1, 61 per cent; Foundation stage 2, 35 per cent; Year 1, 33 per cent; all other year groups – 20 per cent. Admission and registration fees waived too.
- Taaleem – Foundation, kindergarten, early years – 25 per cent; Primary, elementary and secondary, 20 per cent (the discount will be applied with 50 per cent immediate effect and 50 per cent credited against next term’s enrolment; parents can pay fees in three equal instalments). No application fees for new families keen to join Taaleem schools.
- The English College – Foundation stage 1-Year 2, Dhs2,250 discount; Year 3-13, Dhs1,750 discount
- Aldar Academies (Pearl Academy, Al Muna Academy, Al Ain Academy, Al Bateen Academy, Al Mamoura Academy, West Yas Academy and Al Yasmina Academy) – 20 per cent discount (parents can pay fees over a four month period; zero per cent interest monthly payment plan offered for the 2020-21 academic year)
- International Indian School – 30 per cent discount (additional 10 to 15 per cent discount for siblings)
- Dubai Heights Academy – 10 per cent ( parents can pay over three months)
- Al Salam Private School and Al Salam Community School – Foundation stage, 20 per cent; Year 1-3, 15 per cent; Year 4-13, 10 per cent (parents may pay in instalments between now and the end of June)
- Fortes Education’s Sunmarke and Regent International School – Foundation stage, 25 per cent; Years 1-13, 20 per cent (for parents who have already paid, the discount will be deducted from Term 1 fee of the next academic year)
- Nord Anglia School Dubai – 15 per cent discount
- Repton Group (Repton Dubai, Repton Fry Campus Abu Dhabi, Repton Foundation School [Rose Campus] and Foremarke) – earmarked Dhs8m to offer “immediate relief to support our community by ensuring continuity of education for families directly impacted by the current Covid-19 crisis and unable to meet Term 3 payments”. Additionally, 15 per cent of Term 3 fees will be deducted from each child’s fees for the academic year 2020-2021.
– GEMS Education – to offer discounts or deferments to parents directly affected by Covid-19
– Innoventures Education (Dubai International Academy, Collegiate American School, Raffles International School and Raffles World Academy) – to offer “personalised payment plans and deferment of fees.”
– Ambassador Education – to assess the needs of its parents