The Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, left the country on a private visit to India on Sunday, the official Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) reported.
Sheikh Sabah was accompanied by the deputy chief of Kuwait National Guard, Sheikh Meshal Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, the report added.
He was seen off at the airport by several senior Kuwaiti officials including the Prime Minister.
Further details such as the duration of the visit were not disclosed.
Kuwait’s emir is currently negotiating between the Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain on one side and Qatar on the other, as a rift between the GCC states widens.
The three GCC states – along with other Arab states – cut off all ties with Doha earlier this month, accusing the Gulf state of supporting terrorist organisation and backing Iran.
Qatar has denied the allegations.
During the weekend, Kuwait’s emir handed over a list of 13 demands presented by Saudi, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt to Qatar, which includes shutting down the Al Jazeera TV network, curbing relations with Iran and closing a Turkish base in Doha.
Qatar has so far said it is reviewing the demands.
The UAE has said that if Qatar does not comply with the demands, the country may have to “part ways”.
Kuwait has urged GCC members to remain united, with the emir last week calling to resolve the “unfortunate differences and ending the rift through dialogue and communication”.