Now Reading
Israeli energy sites impacted by the Gaza conflict

Israeli energy sites impacted by the Gaza conflict

The port of Ashkelon and its oil terminal, located a few kilometres from the Gaza strip had been shut since October 7

Avatar
israel

Israel, which has become a major gas exporter in recent years, has shut down several major energy sites since the October 7 crisis along the Gaza Strip.

Following are the sites impacted by the Israel crisis so far:

The Tamar Gas Field

Israel on October 9 suspended the Chevron-operated Tamar gas field, whose platform is located some 25 kilometres off the city of Ashdod along Israel’s southern Mediterranean coast.

Tamar produced 10.25 billion cubic metres (bcm) of gas in 2022, 85 per cent of which was used in the domestic market while the remaining 15 per cent was exported to Egypt and Jordan.

Chevron owns a 25 per cent stake in Tamar, while Isramco holds 28.75 per cent, the UAE’s Mubadala Energy 11 per cent, Union Energy 11 per cent, Tamar Petroleum 16.75 per cent, Dor Gas 4 per cent and Everest 3.5 per cent.

The EMG Pipeline

Chevron said on October 10 it had halted natural gas exports via the East Mediterranean Gas (EMG) between Israel and Egypt and that it was supplying gas via an alternative pipeline through Jordan.

The EMG pipeline runs from the southern Israeli town of Ashkelon, located some 10 km north of Gaza, to El-Arish in Egypt, where it connects to an onshore pipeline.

The 90-km pipeline is the main link between the Chevron-operated Leviathan offshore gas field and Egypt. The Leviathan consortium includes operator Chevron, Israel’s NewMed Energy and Ratio Energies.

The Port of Ashkelon

Shipping and trade sources said on October 9 that the port of Ashkelon and its oil terminal had been shut. The port is located just over 10 km from the Gaza Strip.

The ports of Haifa and Ashdod remained open, the sources said.

You might also like


© 2021 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top