Now Reading
Five-year-old injured by missile in Saudi’s Jazan

Five-year-old injured by missile in Saudi’s Jazan

Three civilians were killed by a missile attack in Jazan last month

A five-year-old boy was injured when a missile fired by Yemen’s Houthis struck an area of Al-Ardah governorate in Jazan, the kingdom’s Civil Defence Authority said late Tuesday.

Local civil defence personnel in Jazan confirmed the projectile was a Katyusha rocket, a type of rocket artillery, fired from within Yemeni territory on Tuesday evening, according to Saudi Press Agency.

The boy was transferred to hospital.

Saudi Arabia has been repeatedly targeted by missiles since 2015, when it entered Yemen’s civil war through an Arab coalition backing forces loyal to ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi against the Houthis.

The majority of the attacks have been intercepted by air defences, including two over Riyadh last month.

Read: Saudi air defences intercept two missiles over Riyadh

However some have resulted in deaths and injuries, including three civilians killed in Jazan on June 9.

Read: Three civilians killed in missile attack in Saudi’s Jazan

The latest attack coincides with an offensive by the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen’s main port city, Hodeidah.

Coalition member the United Arab Emirates has said it is willing to stop the assault if the Houthis leave the city.

Read: UAE says it wants Yemen peace deal but Houthis must leave Hodeidah

© 2020 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top