UAE telecoms operator Etisalat will offer free access to its ‘UAE WiFi by Etisalat’ network for 10 days to mark the 47th UAE National Day.
The offer will be open to all UAE residents and tourists across major locations in the country including malls, cafes, beaches and parks from November 30 to December 9, 2018, the company said in a statement.
Meanwhile rival du also announced that it will offer free access to its WiFi UAE network to all UAE residents from November 29 to December 9.
All du home service users will also have full access to more than 200 TV channels from November 30- December 3, it said in a statement.
The UAE is celebrating its 47th National Day on Sunday, December 2, with private and public sector workers given Sunday and Monday off to celebrate the occasion with a long weekend.
Several events have also been planned across the country.
For those wishing to use the Etisalat service, they need to connect to the ‘UAE WiFi by Etisalat’ wifi SSID signal and follow the registration steps, the statement said.
Steps to connect
* Enable wifi on your device
* Select ‘UAE Wi-Fi by Etisalat’ to be directed automatically to the Wi-Fi landing page on your internet browser
* On some devices, you may need to open your internet browser and type any website address
* First-time users must register by entering a valid mobile number. You will then receive an SMS with your 4-digit PIN code. Enter your mobile number as the login name and your PIN as your password. If you forgot your PIN, click on “Forgot password”
* If you are a returning user who has previously selected “Remember me”, you will be automatically directed to the main screen