Dubai will mark the upcoming Eid Al Adha holiday with a line-up of entertainment events and activities, Dubai Tourism has announced.
Workers in the UAE will be off for Eid Al Adha from Saturday, August 10 until Tuesday, August 13.
Eid in Dubai will feature concerts, fireworks as well as entertainment offerings.
* A concert will be held by Arab superstars, Nancy Ajram and Saif Nabeel at the Dubai World Trade Centre on August 15. Tickets are priced from Dhs95 for general admission.
* India’s DJ Aqeel will also perform at the Dubai World Trade Centre on August 15 at Speed Bash 2019, with tickets starting at Dhs125.
* Grammy and Mercury Prize nominated Indie-pop band, The 1975, will bring their world tour to the Coca-Cola Arena on August 14.
* Celebratory fireworks and pyrotechnic displays will be held at Dubai Festival City Mall on August 11-12 at 8pm and 10pm.
* The Laughter Factory will welcome a line-up of international comics from August 8 – 16, including Australian comedian, Ro Campbell, Scott Bennett and American-born Dave Fulton.
* Dubai Opera will host a special screening of Fast and the Furious: Hobbs & Shaw over Eid from August 11 – 13. It will also show 48 classic Disney films from August 15 – 30, including The Little Mermaid, Moana, Hocus Pocus, and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.
* On August 15, water-park Aquaventure will have its After Dark post-hours bash, featuring an emoji-theme this year. Tickets give access to over 20 water slides from 8pm until midnight.
* Indoor theme park Modhesh World runs until August 17 at Dubai World Trade Centre and features a purpose-built go-karting track, dedicated zone for toddlers, classic arcade games and activities.