Now Reading
Authorities evacuate 100 people from UAE shopping centre after blaze

Authorities evacuate 100 people from UAE shopping centre after blaze

The fire erupted in a restaurant within the hypermarket in Fujairah

Authorities in Fujairah evacuated 100 people from a shopping centre on Tuesday morning after a fire broke out in a restaurant.

Fujairah Civil Defence teams managed to put out the fire, which erupted in the Thattukada Indian restaurant within the Sajidha Hypermarket in the Mudhab region.

The Civil Defence operations platform in Fujairah received a call about the fire at 10.13am and a team immediately rushed there, a statement said.

Upon arrival, it was found that there was a fire in a special suction fan of the restaurant – which is on the first floor. Up to 100 people were evacuated and the fire was extinguished, with the smoke also cleared using smoke extraction machines, the statement added.

No injuries were reported.

Colonel Khaled Rabie Al Hamoudi, deputy director of the Fujairah Civil Defence Department, said that the fire was controlled “within a record time”, and that the cooling operations were immediately started to avoid the blaze from spreading.

He also stressed the importance of installing “smoke detectors” in commercial establishments to avoid the loss of life and property.

View this post on Instagram

تمكنت فرق الدفاع المدني الفجيرة من إخماد حريق شب في ساجدة هايبر ماركت بمنطقة مضب ، حيث تعود تفاصيل الحادثه حين تلقت منصة عمليات الدفاع المدني الفجيرة في تمام الساعة 10:13 بلاغا يفيد عن وجود حريق في ساجدة هايبر ماركت بمنطقة مضب وعلى الفور تم تحرك المركز المختص – مركز الادارة وعند الوصول تبين وجود حريق في مروحة شفط خاصة بمطعم تاتوكادا في الطابق الاول وتم إخماد الحريق من قبل الفرقة المستجيبة وقيام بعملية شفط الدخان الناتج عن الحريق عن طريق مكائن شفط الدخان ولله الحمد لم تنتج عن الحريق اي إصابات حيث تم إخلاء 100 شخص. وقال سعادة العقيد خالد ربيع الحمودي نائب مدير إدارة الدفاع المدني الفجيرة أن فرق الدفاع المدني هرعت إلى موقع الحادث، من أجل السيطرة على الحريق وإطفائه، وهو ما تحقق فعلاً حيث تمت السيطرة على الحريق خلال زمن قياسي ، وثم بدأت عمليات التبريد حتى لا تشتعل مره اخرى ، أو تنتقل إلى المحال المجاوره. كما أكد سعادة العقيد خالد ربيع الحمودي نائب مدير إدارة الدفاع المدني الفجيرة على أهمية تركيب «كاشفات الدخان» لما لها من دور استباقي في إنذار الأفراد بوجود حريق ، وتجنيبها خسائر في الأرواح، والممتلكات ،وأن يحرص كافة الأفراد على ضرورة الالتزام باشتراطات الوقاية والسلامة ، تفادياً لوقوع حوادث الحريق ، مؤكداً على أهمية تركيب وسائل الحماية في المحال التجارية للحفاظ على الأرواح والممتلكات. #عام_التسامح_2019 #وزارة_الداخلية #القيادة_العامه_للدفاع_المدني #الدفاع_المدني_الفجيرة #الفجيرة #حملات_التوعيه

A post shared by الدفاع المدني – الفجيرة (@fcd997) on

© 2020 MOTIVATE MEDIA GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Scroll To Top