Saudi forces intercepted and destroyed a missile fired from Yemen by Houthis on Wednesday, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
The missile was fired towards the city of Khamis Mushayt in south-west Saudi Arabia, according to the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen.
The Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces intercepted and destroyed the missile before it could cause any damage, the SPA said.
“The alliance’s air forces immediately targeted the launch site,” it added.
The Saudi-led coalition has been fighting Houthi rebels and forces loyal to former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh in Yemen since March 2015, in a bid to restore President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to power.
The conflict has killed tens of thousands and created a humanitarian disaster in Yemen.
Saudi has also witnessed a number of missile attacks in recent months as its offense deepens in Yemen.
In November, a Saudi soldier was killed by a missile fired by Yemeni rebels across the border into the kingdom’s southern Asir province.
A number of civilians in the southern Saudi Arabian province of Jazan were also injured by missiles fired from Yemen in October.
Earlier in October, the Saudi military destroyed a missile targeting the city of Taif. While officials said it caused no damage, its debris reportedly landed just 40km away from Makkah.