Now Reading
Ejari certificate needed to activate utility services in Dubai – DEWA

Ejari certificate needed to activate utility services in Dubai – DEWA

DEWA customers can receive utility services and Ejari certificates at all RERA accredited offices

Residents in Dubai will need to provide an Ejari certificate from the Dubai Land Department (DLD) in order to get their utility services activated, the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has announced.

Ejari is the system of registering your tenancy contract with the Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA) and is already mandatory for issuing and renewing residence visas for families and for employing domestic helpers.

The new initiative from DEWA is aimed at “enhancing the concept of transparency in the government sector, by adhering to the highest international standards to improve government services,” it said in a statement.

In November last year, DEWA also launched the Takamul initiative along with the DLD.

The initiative allows customers to receive water and electricity services and Ejari certificates at all RERA accredited offices, once they have completed the registration process.

It is aimed to streamline the implementation of government transactions and eliminates the need to visit two separate entities.

All these efforts are hoped to enhance social integration in Dubai, said managing director and chief executive officer of DEWA, Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer.

“DEWA adopts this approach by linking our services with other government departments in Dubai to provide integrated and advanced services that contribute to minimising physical visits to other government departments,” he said.

“This supports the Dubai Plan 2021, to transform Dubai into a smart, integrated and connected city, and DEWA’s vision to become a sustainable innovative world-class utility,” he added.

Documents required for Ejari registration

Passport and visa copy of the tenant

Emirates ID copy

Scan of the Tenancy Contract

DEWA bill or connection receipt copy(with name and premise number) [for existing tenants]

Tittle deed or affection plan copy (or plot/land number)

Trade license copy (Only commercial properties)


Scroll To Top