Saudi citizen injured by rocket fired from Yemen

Another attack last week injured 26 people



A Saudi citizen was injured on Thursday on the outskirts of the city of Najran, according to Saudi Press Agency (SPA).

A spokesperson for the Directorate of Civil Defence in Najran, captain Abdul-Khaleq Ali Al-Qahtani, said emergency services responded to reports of the attack at dawn on Thursday.

The citizen was transferred to hospital.

The attack comes after 26 people, including two children, were wounded by shrapnel from a missile attack on Najran last week.

Read: Saudi says 26, including two children, wounded by shrapnel in missile attack on Najran

The kingdom has been targeted by more than 190 missile attacks since entering the Yemen civil war in 2015 to support ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi against the Houthis.

While the majority of the attacks have been intercepted by air defences, some have also resulted in deaths, including one civilian killed in Jazan last month and three civilians killed in Jazan on June 9.

Read: One killed, 11 injured in Jazan after Saudi intercepts missile fired from Yemen

Three civilians killed in missile attack in Saudi’s Jazan

Saudi Arabia as well as the US have blamed Iran for arming the Houthis, although Tehran has denied any role in the matter.

Also read: UN panel says missiles launched at Saudi show Iranian characteristics