Procter & Gamble (P&G) will donate over one million masks and more than 100,000 hand sanitisers to frontliners in the UAE, it announced on May 20.
Omar Channawi, CEO, P&G Middle East, East and West Africa and General Export Markets said: “In service to people on the frontlines who are caring for their families and communities, P&G is stepping up and serving our everyday heroes as a force for good. Key P&G sites which manufacture household brands have been expanded to produce essential safety items such as masks and hand sanitisers. We will initially donate 1MM masks and 100,000 Safeguard hand sanitisers in the UAE to support the battle against Covid-19.”
Additionally, as part of its response and relief programme, “P&G Protect Our Heroes”, P&G is also leading with the following initiatives across the Middle East, East and West Africa:
- Manufacturing masks and Safeguard hand sanitisers for donation across the Middle East
- Extending support to frontline workers and families affected by Covid-19 through in-kind and PPE donations
- Providing essential product donations to relief agencies and governments to support healthcare workers from among its brands including Always, Safeguard, Gillette, Fairy and Ariel
- Leveraging its advertising voice to recognise and support health care workers and increase awareness on safety and hygiene measures among the community
- Supporting online learning programmes for children of determination in the UAE
- P&G is also matching employees’ personal donation to support the combat against Covid-19
“P&G Protect Our Heroes mission is a key step in contributing towards communities in which we operate and support the heroes that are protecting all of us in these unprecedented times. Through a highly collaborative effort, we will ensure the health and safety of our employees, maximise the availability of products and help society meet and overcome the challenges it faces.”
“We want to make a significant difference to the communities we operate in by leveraging our resources, our innovation, our manufacturing and our voice to contribute towards making their lives better in these extreme circumstances,” Channawi added.
Since the outbreak, P&G has been working with partner organisations to provide support to communities, relief agencies and people impacted by the pandemic, and so far, its in-kind, product and monetary donations globally add up to tens of millions of dollars across more than 200 relief organisations, and over 30 brands in more than 30 countries.
P&G serves nearly five billion people worldwide.