The annual Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is set to begin on December 26, 2018 and will be the longest running DSF yet, lasting for 39 days.
Running until February 2, 2019, the 24th edition of the shopping festival will see participation from more than 700 brands at 3,200 outlets across Dubai.
Organised by the Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism), the event will offer shoppers enjoy up to 75 per cent off on many items across the city.
Shopping malls will also have extended opening hours to allow shoppers between 10am until 12am during the period.
A 12-hour ‘super sale’ will take occur from 12pm until midnight on December 26 where retailers will have discounts of up to 90 per cent in fashion, jewellery, homeware, electronics across Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, City Centre Me’aisem, City Centre Barsha and City Centre Shindagha.
As part of the DSF weekend surprises, a special sale will be held at 10am each Thursday, Friday and Saturday with discounts ranging between 25 and 75 per cent.
‘Shop the Night Away’ is another event DSF is putting on this year. Starting from January 9, at 6pm every Wednesday, shoppers will be able to enjoy promotions at different malls and restaurants. Workshops, styling sessions and VIP gift bags will also be offered.
Retailers across the city will be taking part in the promotion. Some of them include –
· Fashion and beauty – H&M, Topshop, Zara, Mango, AllSaints, Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister
· Tech gadgets – Carrefour, Jumbo Electronics, Virgin Mega Store and Sharaf DG
· Home and kitchen appliances – Crate & Barrel, IDdesign, Villeroy & Boch, Tavola, Tanagra, Zara Home, The One, Marina Home, Masisons Du Monde and Grand Home
* Infiniti and Nissan are having raffles to offer shoppers a chance to win their cars.
To enter the Infiniti mega raffle draw, customers need to purchase a raffle ticket for Dhs200 from October 15. For the Nissan raffle draw, customers need to spend Dhs20 on non-fuel purchases at ENOC and EPPCO stations and Zoom stores.
While Infiniti is offering a QX50, a daily Nissan raffle will give shoppers the chance to win selected Nissan models.
Additionally, five Infiniti raffle ticket holders will get a chance to win Dhs20,000 each week during the DSF and one raffle ticket holder will win a mega cash prize of Dhs500,000.
· Mall of the Emirates will everyday offer one winner 15 times the purchase value upon shopping for Dhs650 at any retailer
· City Centre Deira will offer shoppers spending Dhs250 a chance to won a Landcruiser car
· City Centre Me’aisem and City Centre Al Shindagha will offer cash prizes worth Dhs1m for shoppers who spend over Dhs200, with Dhs200,000 to be won per week.
Outside of the main events, there will be fireworks taking place every Thursday and Friday night at Al Seef, La Mer and The Beach.
The popular Market Outside the Box (MOTB) pop up market will make a return for the shopping festival at the Burj Park from January 24 to February 2, offering products from local designers and brands. There will be plenty of entertainment for the kids and many different street-style food vendors.
DSF will also offer a variety of events and activities for residents and visitors to choose from including concerts and free-to-attend family-oriented activities in malls and activations by leading brands.