Two Saudis injured in missile attack from Yemen

A projectile launched from Yemen landed in the Saudi city of Najran on Tuesday



Two Saudi nationals were injured on Tuesday when a projectile launched from inside Yemen landed in the city of Najran, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The SPA report quoted Captain Abdullah Saeed Al Fare’a, deputy official spokesman of the Civil Defense in Najran as confirming that the projectile, launched by Houthi forces, fell in the residential area.

The injured were rushed to hospital and “necessary measures were taken by the concerned authorities to tackle the situation”, Al Fare’a added.

The Saudi-led coalition has been fighting Houthi rebels and forces loyal to former Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh in Yemen since March 2015, in a bid to restore President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to power.

The conflict has killed tens of thousands and created a humanitarian disaster in Yemen.

Saudi forces have also intercepted dozens of missiles as the coalition’s offense deepens in Yemen.

One launch in March targeted the Saudi city of Jizan and another was claimed to have killed 22 worshipers and wounded dozens more at a mosque in Yemen’s Marib Province, according to SPA.

Read: Saudi coalition says Houthi missile intercepted, mosque hit by another

In November, a Saudi soldier was killed by a missile fired by Yemeni rebels across the border into the kingdom’s southern Asir province.

Read more: Missile from Yemen kills Saudi soldier hours before ceasefire

A number of civilians in the southern Saudi Arabian province of Jazan were also injured by missiles fired from Yemen in October.

Read more: Civilians injured in Saudi by missiles fired from Yemen

Earlier in October, the Saudi military destroyed a missile targeting the city of Taif. While officials said it caused no damage, its debris reportedly landed just 40km away from Makkah.

Read more: Saudi forces intercept two missiles from Yemen

Comments

comments