Dubai Marina remained the emirate’s most searched location for property rentals, according to the Q4 report issued by property portal propertyfinder.ae.
The community, which also topped the list of most searched locations in Dubai to buy property, remains extremely popular with Western expatriates moving to the emirate.
“With its unspoiled private marina, waterfront promenades, properties that capture sweeping sea views and small-town charm, Dubai Marina makes the ideal possible: a vacation-like lifestyle with easy access to business and culture,” the report said.
The top five most searched locations to rent property remained the same during all four quarters of 2013. But there was some movement elsewhere on the list.
Jumeirah Village Circle moved up five places to rank seventh in Q4 from 12th position in Q3 and Q2. “It is becoming a more viable and affordable option to live in than the more established villa communities,” said the report.
International City also moved up four places to the 10th spot, reaching the top 10 for the first time this year.
However, Barsha declined in popularity over the year, moving to 11th spot in the fourth quarter from 6th and 8th positions in Q3 and Q2, respectively.
Michael Lahyani, CEO and founder of properfinder.ae said, “The broad recovery in the residential market is pushing up sale prices and rentals across most areas, including mid-market communities such as Dubailand, Jumeirah Village Circle and Dubai Sports City.
“Dubai’s property market has clearly rebounded with prices increasing by over 20 per cent this year even as new projects get launched every other week. Real estate demand is only likely to inch higher in the years leading to the Expo, so if you want to put your money into a home or office, these are the communities where owning and renting seem to make sense,” he added.
TOP 10 MOST Searched Rental Locations In Dubai
1. Dubai Marina, with 18.41 per cent of property views
2. Jumeirah Lake Towers, with 8.46 per cent of property views
3. Downtown Dubai, with 7.11 per cent of property views
4. Palm Jumeirah, with six of property views
5. The Springs, with 4.5 per cent of property views
6. Dubai Sports City, with 4.09 per cent of property views
7. Jumeirah Village Circle, with 4.03 per cent of property views
8. Dubailand, with 3.85 per cent of property views
9. Jumeirah Beach Residence, with 3.78 per cent of property views
10. International City, with 3.6 per cent of property views