Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain announced that nine entities and nine individuals have been added to their terror lists because of alleged links with Qatar, official news agency WAM reported on Tuesday.
The “terrorist activities” of the 18 entities and individuals have “direct and indirect ties with the Qatari authorities”, the report quoted a statement as saying.
Three Qatari individuals on the list, along with a Kuwaiti individual, engaged in fund-raising campaigns to support Al-Nusra Front in Syria, while three Yemeni individuals and three organisations from the country provided support to Al- Qaeda mainly by using “significant funding” from Qatari charities, the statement claimed.
Two Libyan individuals and six entities from the country which were reportedly “affiliated with terrorist groups in Libya” also received “substantial financial support from Qatari authorities and played an active role in spreading chaos and devastation in Libya”, it added.
Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt severed all ties with Qatar last month, accusing the Gulf state of supporting terrorism and backing Iran. They also added added 59 people to their terrorist blacklists, including 18 Qataris.
In the statement on Tuesday, the four countries acknowledged the recent agreement signed between Qatar and the US to stop terror funding, and also Doha’s plans to amend its terror combating laws.
“The four states consider this step, even if it is a submission to the tough demands to combat terrorism and one of many awaited steps to achieve the Qatari authorities’ return to the right track, not enough,” the statement said.
“The next long awaited practical step is taking an urgent action by the Qatari authorities to make legal and practical actions to prosecute terrorist and extremist individuals and entities, especially those on this current list and the previous one, which was announced on June 8, 2017 so as to confirm the credibility of its seriousness in renouncing terrorism and extremism, and its engagement in the international community fighting terrorism.
“To that end, the four states, along with their international partners, will monitor the Qatari authorities’ commitment in not harbouring terrorist, supporting and financing terrorism, ending promoting of extremist and hate speech, and financing of extremists inside and outside Qatar,” it added.
The four countries also confirmed that the current sanctions against Qatar will continue, and said that possible future measures that might also be taken.
The new entities added to the terror list include –
1. Al- Balagh Charitable Foundation, Yemen
2. Al-Ihsan Charitable Society, Yemen
3. Rahma Charitable Organization, Yemen
4. Benghazi Revolutionaries Shura Council, Libya
5. Al-Saraya Media Center, Libya
6. Boshra News Agency, Libya
7. Rafallah Sahati Brigade, Libya
8. Nabaa TV, Libya
9. Tanasuh Foundation for Dawa, Culture and Media, Libya
1. Khalid Saeed al-Bounein (Qatari citizen)
2. Shaqer Jummah al-Shahwani (Qatari citizen)
3. Saleh bin Ahmed al-Ghanim (Qatari citizen)
4. Hamid Hamad Hamid al-Ali (Kuwaiti citizen)
5. Abdullah Mohammed al-Yazidi (Yemeni citizen)
6. Ahmed Ali Ahmed Baraoud (Yemeni citizen)
7. Mohammed Bakr al-Dabaa (Yemeni citizen)
8. Al-Saadi Abdullah Ibrahim Bukhazem (Libyan citizen)
9. Ahmed Abd al-Jaleel al-Hasnawi (Libyan citizen)