Saudi intercepts two missiles fired from Yemen

Attacks on Jazan have been reported each night this week



Saudi air defences intercepted and destroyed two ballistic missiles fired from Yemen on Tuesday evening, according to Saudi Press Agency.

Yemen’s Houthi rebels launched the missiles from Saada government towards the southern city of Jazan at 7:58pm, the Saudi coalition in Yemen’s spokesperson said.

There were no reports of casualties.

Colonel Turki Al-Malki repeated previous claims that Iran was providing the Houthis with missile components to target civilian areas.

Two other missile attacks on Jazan was reported on Sunday and Monday evening.

Read: Saudi forces intercept another missile from Yemen ‘targeting civilian areas’

The kingdom has been targeted by more than 188 missile attacks since entering the Yemen civil war in 2015 to support ousted President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi against the Houthis.

While the majority of the attacks have been intercepted by air defences, some have also resulted in deaths, including one civilian killed in Jazan last month and three civilians killed in Jazan on June 9.

Read: One killed, 11 injured in Jazan after Saudi intercepts missile fired from Yemen

Three civilians killed in missile attack in Saudi’s Jazan

Saudi Arabia as well as the US have blamed Iran for arming the Houthis, although Tehran has denied any role in the matter.

Also read: UN panel says missiles launched at Saudi show Iranian characteristics