Saudi intercepts and damages missile from Yemen

The missile was targeted towards the city of Najran



Saudi Arabia intercepted and destroyed a ballistic missile that was launched from Yemen at dawn on Tuesday, the official Saudi Press Agency reported.

The missile was targeted towards the city of Najran.

The Royal Saudi Air Defense Forces intercepted and destroyed the missile “without any damage”, SPA said.

The Saudi-led Arab coalition – fighting the Houthis in Yemen – immediately targeted the missile launch site, the report added.

Saudi Arabia has witnessed a number of missile attacks in recent months as its offense deepens in Yemen.

Late last month, a number of civilians in the southern Saudi Arabian province of Jazan were injured by missiles fired from Yemen, the Saudi civil defense unit claimed.

“The violations happened along on the border between Saudi Arabia and Yemen, and specifically in the regions of Najran and Jazan,” a civil defense official said at the time. “A variety of weapons were fired, including rockets and projectiles.”

Read more: Civilians injured in Saudi by missiles fired from Yemen

Earlier in October, the Saudi military destroyed a missile targeting the city of Taif. While officials said it caused no damage, its debris reportedly landed just 40km away from Makkah.

Read more: Saudi forces intercept two missiles from Yemen

Comments

comments