Top Ten Salaries in Oman
PR Directors in Oman are the top earners within the media segment, taking home nearly $8K a month
1. Human Resources – An HR manager in Oman, just like his counterpart in the UAE, takes some the heaviest monthly salary in the country, earning around $10,534. The amount marks an 8.4 per cent increase over last year’s wage.
2. Banking – Averaging the salaries earned by a branch manager, a treasury manager and a retail/personal banking manager in the country, we arrived at an approximate wage amount of $10152.9 per month for the sector, up from $9,782 in 2011.
3. Sales/ Marketing – The average monthly salary of the head of sales/marketing at a multinational or local company has risen over 11 per cent from 2011, and currently stands at around $10,006.
4. Construction –A construction project manager or a chief engineer pockets roughly $9749 per month in Oman, only slightly higher than $9,703 per month last year.
5. Information Technology – As per our survey, an IT head in Oman has seen monthly wage increase more than 15 per cent from last year, and currently makes approximately $9496.
6. Real Estate – Oman’s real estate managers have seen a drop of 3.5 per cent in their salaries, and have wages drop from $8,888 per month last year to around $8573 per month in 2012.
7. Public Relations – The top earners within the media segment, PR directors take home around $7985 per month, up from last year’s wage of $6,309 per month.
8. Hospitality –A hotel manager in Oman earns roughly the same that he was making last year, and has a monthly income of approximately $7839.6 per month.
9. Advertising – The average salary of an expatriate advertising creative director has risen by more than 27 per cent year-on-year to reach around $7754 per month.
10. Publishing – Positioned at the bottom of the list similar to most other GCC countries, a publishing editor in Oman has a salary of around $6660 per month, up from $6,001 per month last year.
Gulf Business calculated the average salary across the region for Western, Asian and Arab expats across different sectors in the six GCC countries, according to data from BAC Middle East, Bayt.com, Charterhouse Partnership, Morgan McKinley and Nadia
Top Ten Salaries in the Middle East
Top Ten Salaries in the UAE
Top Ten Salaries in Saudi Arabia
Top Ten Salaries in Bahrain
Top Ten Salaries in Kuwait
Top Ten Salaries in Qatar